I was thrilled to find this fun floral dress at Goodwill the other week. It had a sweetheart neckline (and one that was actually high enough to be modest!) and pockets as well as an exposed zipper in the back (love!), and it just happened to be half-off, so it was perfect. Holding it up, it seemed to hit about knee-length, but I realized once I got it home and tried it on, it was actually pretty short (I have really got to learn to look in a mirror or actually try the dress on before buying it...), so I decided to add some length by adding a strip of fabric to the bottom. SO, a week later, I went back to Goodwill and bought a pink pillowcase that I hoped would match the pink in the roses on the dress. It didn't really, but I think the colors actually ended up going quite well together. I thought I would add a touch of whimsy to the hem by giving it a scalloped edge, which I had been wanting to try for quite awhile. It ended up being really easy (there may be a tutorial on this coming soon!), and I loved the finished look. I did make it a bit longer than I had initially wanting it (I wanted it to hit just at the knee/slightly above), but I do really like it the way it ended up. Still...after that, I learned to be a bit more careful about my measurements!
I hope you all are having a lovely week!